Once I finished the prep work, the rest went quickly. The color matching on the repaired spots isn't perfect, but it's not obvious by any stretch. It was pretty easy to match since I've got a pretty set skin method for my Legion beasties now. I think the most annoying thing about finishing the cleanup work was that I didn't have the model stuck to a paint can for easy holding, so I had to actually hold the model itself in my hand which makes me a bit more nervous these days (I'm always worried about rubbing paint off). However, it went pretty smooth. The only real problem was cleaning up the bottom edge of the base where a bunch of paint had worn off.
Speaking of the base, I was a little shocked to discover that the 50mm metal base I purchased (from PP no less) isn't a full 50mm. I lined it up with a plastic large base and it's off by about 2-3mm. A little strange, but I'm not going to fret about it. All things considered, using the metal base helped a little more for stability of the model overall, which continues to please me.
Well, this will probably be the last post for a while. I've got some personal business outside the country for a couple weeks so it's unlikely that I'll be getting any painting done. Perhaps though I'll have some good reference photos once I get back.