Monday, October 20, 2014

From the Desk: The Bag O Crap!

Last week I ordered the "Bag O Crap" from Secret Weapon Miniatures. For those of you not familiar with this, Secret Weapon throws all their miscast stuff into a bin and every so often they make up bags of those bits which they then sell. At first glance this might sound like buying garbage. To some degree it is a gamble. Some of the things are legitimate miscasts, and lots of it is just random with no clear knowledge of what will be in the bag. The Secret Weapon line includes terrain pieces and a variety of bits as well which makes the potential ingredients even more varied. Still though, I was already ordering a set of the Alien Temple bases anyway, so I figured why not throw in one of these bags for kicks. So what did I get?

Pictured here is all the stuff I decided to keep. A little over half the bag was bevel-edged bases which I mostly had no use for. I kept everything from the Alien Temple line for experimentation purposes and I kept all of the terrain bits and round-lipped bases. Out of all the stuff pictured here, only a couple were what I consider "badly miscast", and even then they are recoverable. Many of the bases are perfectly fine, including a really sweet 120mm base. One of the bad miscasts was a 50mm Alien Temple base so I'm using it as an experiment base right now.

All things considered, I'm pretty happy with this bag o crap and I'm looking forward to getting another one next time they do this.

And no, I am not being compensated in any way for this review. I bought the Bag O Crap at normal price and at my own risk. I just happen to have really enjoyed getting it and wanted to share my excitement.

No comments: