Monday, November 10, 2014

From the Desk: Weekend Roundup #66

Traveling weeks suck.

This week was not great for actual painting progress, but I got lots of stuff posted up on the blog. Stuff that I'd backlogged to post but spent the time painting instead during the previous week. Fyanna however has gotten a lot of work done. She's about 75% done at this point, but I haven't even started a base for her. Working on a Legion model again has reminded me how streamlined my Cygnar paint scheme is. Painting this model is much more work given the wider variety of colors at play. I do love painting my Legion though, and particularly these solos that have nice character to them. However it's no wonder I've cranked through a much higher volume of Cygnar in such a short time period than any other faction.

I also worked on a prototype for the Alien Temple bases. I've been thinking about putting my new mercs on these bases to give them their own theme. I wanted something that looked different but I could still get done efficiently. These are not super efficient, but they go pretty quick. I think the real question is whether I actually want to re-base any models or not. This also goes back to my Cygnar Gun Mages being on different bases (and having a different theme as well). I'll probably stall until I've gotten much further through my Cygnar paint queue to make this decision, but having the prototype for this base done now helps for the future. I still need to decide what to do about the bits of moss growth on these bases though. For my own reference, here's what I did so far:
Base coat: Ironhull Grey
Streaks: thinned Underbelly Blue
Wash: SWW Algae
Base coat cracks: Ember Orange
Highlight: Cygnus Yellow
Highlight: Cygnus Yellow + White
Highlight: White

And finally, a big reason I haven't gotten more done this last week is that I've been re-bitten by the Diablo3 bug along with a couple buddies of mine. I've been playing a lot and this is an example of one of my recent spoils. I'm not proud of how much I've played but sometimes my inner muse needs a break with some semi-mindless button clicking.

No comments: