In a shocking turn of events, I finally painted. For the first time in over a month. Most of this post is going to be random housekeeping, so let me focus first on my burnout situation and how I overcame it...
So at the beginning of the school year my son started Kindergarten. I'll spare you the details of why, but this is a huge deal. There was a lot of challenges and stress. Between that and a wave of politics and shake up at work, I was pretty much completely overwhelmed. Slowly my hobby motivation got ground to a halt. Diablo 3 also released a big update that rekindled my interest. That combination (along with a fair bit of alcohol) basically sucked me down into a "knuckle under and just survive" mode. My normal gaming buddies are also pretty buried as well which made it even harder to break out.
So what's changed? Well my son's school situation is vastly improved, and work is better. Not just that, but my small gaming group is starting to rekindle interest. Those things are the fuel, but I think the spark was ironically that Netflix released another season of Hemlock Grove which I really enjoy. When I got the email that the new season was available, it was like the gentle whisper wake up call saying "Hey, it's time...". I've also come across this free app on my phone called Streaks which is used as sort of a daily task reminder tool and it tracks how long of a streak you can maintain on each of those daily tasks. So now painting is one of those tasks and I'm determined to see how well I can do. Nevertheless, sometimes it just takes the right confluence of events to get out of a funk, just like the funk is sometimes caused by the right confluence.
So what have I gotten done in the last month? Well...
* Assembled Acosta and a Reliant
* Put 3 coats of paint on these Helios tanks for DCZ
* Bought Devastation, and promptly got more excited about Cygnar than Legion (sigh)
* Leveled 2 seasonal Diablo 3 characters to level 70 and got 350 paragon levels on them
* Read a zillion books with my son
And now, begin the random notes!
When I cleaned my desk, I wanted to document all the paints I put away that I had been using for my DZC projects. So here's the list for my own reference:
SWW: Heavy Body Black, SWW: Baby Poop, SWW: Dark Sepia, SWW: Sapphire, SWW: Amethyst, SWW: Ruby, SWW: Concrete, SWP: Green Earth, SWP: Red Brick, SWP: Rust Orange, AC: Napoleonic Blue, AC: Slate Grey, AC: Violet, AC: Ultramarine Blue, AC: Prussian Blue, AC Basic Red, AC: Emerald Green, AC: Gun Metal, AC: Silver, AC: Beige, VMC: Smoke, VMC: Black, VMC: Glossy Black, P3: Black, P3: White, P3: KRH, P3: Frostbite, P3: KRB, P3: Jack Bone, P3: MWH, P3: Midlund Flesh, P3: Grey (90/10)
And here's a list of PP stuff in various states of progress:
Assembled PP stuff: Gun mages + UA, Eiryss2, Black 13th, Kara Sloan, Stryker2, 8 Blight Wasps, Gobber Tinker, Acosta, Saeryn&Rhyas2, Zuriel, Reliant, Acosta
In progress stuff: Murder Ponies, 2 Phobos, 4 Ares, 2 Helios
And this was my original paint target, which is completely blown out of the water now, but I'm documenting it here...
DZC Paint Target:
2 Zeus - assembled
2 Ares - painting
2 Phobos - painting
8 Immortals - done
4 Junos - 2 done, 2 assembled
5 Neptunes - 3 done, 2 assembled
Hades - assembled
2 Helios - painting
2 Janus - done
2 Sirens - done
1 Triton A1 - done