Friday, February 19, 2016

Battle Report: Stryker2 vs Synthrion

Re-rack and roll out again!

My list: Stryker2, Squire, Ol Rowdy, Stormclad, Sentinel, Lancer, Stormguard (10), 2x Stormblades (6+UA), 2 Stormblade Captains. Fuel Cache Objective.

My opponent: Syntherion (tier 4), Axiom, Corollary, Cipher, Assimilator, Diffuser, Galvanizer, Emergence Projector, Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex, 2x Optifex Directives. Bunker Objective.

So after the first game finishing quickly, we picked things back up and my opponent swapped to his Synth list. Again it was the Recon scenario with deathclock, but this time I won initiative and decided to go first. There was a bunch of jam and the Axiom laid out a lot of ranged death upon my troops. However on my third turn I managed to press in hard and clear the zone, allowing two important things to happen: destroying his objective and letting Stryker dominate. The counter attack was not as successful as I was expecting though, with Axiom failing a trample attempt due to the landing zone not being big enough. This made things very awkward for Synth and on my turn I was able to easily clear the zone again and dominate for another 2 points, winning the game. As a coup de gras though, I ran the assassination attempt with Stryker and handily put Syntherion into the dirt at the same time. I'd like to note that on this game I ended with about 8 minutes left on my clock as well, so I was really happy about my time usage as well.

Lessons learned: Going first and having advance move on Stormblades from Stryker2 is really nice for getting the drop on scenario. Also playing for scenario is something I'm starting to get better at, however I still need more practice. I probably need to re-think my objective selection with this list as well.

Games this year: 8

No comments: