Sunday, November 18, 2007

Testament of Menoth

This week's installment is the Testament of Menoth. I'm glad to get him done for a couple reasons, not the least of which is I love this sculpt. It was however, a little challenging to paint. For some reason I just couldn't find my groove until I was about halfway through. I kept struggling with what order to paint the various sections in. Eventually I had to just set the model down, examine the whole thing, and make a tactical plan of how to go about painting it. This was very uncharacteristic for me. Typically I just intuitively work my way through the model without having to think too much about it. The most tactical I usually get is to just make a list of all the remaining small details. Anyway, once I got organized, it was a pleasure to paint. I'm really looking forward to fielding him, if I can ever get a game in. *sigh* It's been probably 6 weeks since I played last, but that's another model.

Something specific to note on this model is that I took extra time and care in "shading" the metals, particularly on his weapon. This is one of my goals for the next few models. I'm also starting to get a bit more of the hang of the 2-brush method, although I still have a long ways to go (as evidenced by the poor blending on his black robe).

No comments: