Saturday, August 25, 2007

High Reclaimer

Finally put a base on the High Reclaimer last night and sealed him this morning. This was admittedly a pretty fast paint job. I took a rather different approach to the black than I've used before. This time I used the P3 Coal Black with what I feel is a pretty striking result. It took a few washes and highlights, but I'm quite pleased with the results for having been a first try. I also used metal medium and black paint together to do the metals on various places where I wanted to create a black steel sort of effect. It's certainly not my best blending job, but I think this model only took me 5 hours to complete, which is a record for me.

At this point, I'm down to just the Testament of Menoth for Protectorate warcasters left to paint!

No comments: