Saturday, August 04, 2007

More GIMP Notes

I wanted to create another composite image of the Alpha Warpwolf for posting on CMON, so I had to learn again how to do this. I'd done it before with Vilmon, but of course forgot how I did it. Turns out it's pretty easy. Here's the steps I went through:
  1. Make sure all the images to go together are the same width
  2. Open all the images
  3. Create a new image, using the width from the images, and a height of the total of all the images
  4. In the first image, do "Edit -> Copy"
  5. In the new image, do "Edit -> Paste Into"
  6. Move the pasted piece into position in the new image
  7. Repeat steps 4-6 for the remaining images
  8. Save! (Potentially resizing)

Resizing is easy... just do "Image -> Scale Image" and then follow the easy to use dialog.

The individual pics of the Alpha will be in the next post in a couple minutes, but I'm taking these notes now before I forget again what I did.


No comments: