Sunday, January 08, 2012

Vayl, Consul of Everblight

Now this model was a delight to paint. Great sculpt. If I had one complaint it was that the two Oraculi in her right hand look a little odd with the circle of whatever connecting them. I'm not really sure what else they could have done though, so I consider it a minor gripe. The cape took a tricky bit of pinning to do without letting the join show too oddly, but the rest was easy. I decided eVayl needed a slightly more epic base than most of my Warlocks have gotten so I did a little carved glowing rune action. It also served to tie the colors together better.

This was also the first time that I used The Army Painter grass tufts. These particular ones were the highland tufts. I have to say that I really like them. Very easy to work with and they look quite nice.

Overall things went pretty well with this model. I spent an average amount of time on it rather than trying to really pour over it and get everything perfect. I really don't want to get too bogged down at this point and keep my momentum up. There were some details I could have spent more time on like painting some pattern on the cloak, shading the metals a little more deeply, and doing some better pushing of the shadows. The glowing bits could have certainly used a little more work as well, but that's become somewhat of a sore point for me that I'm not going to get into right now.

This base actually made me quite happy too. Overall I'm looking forward to having this model on the battlefield.

No comments: