Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Dropzone Update

Last night I played yet another game of DZC and had a good time. I lost the game (against Shaltari) but it was somewhat by design since I wanted my opponent (a bigger noob than me) to have a positive experience so I was helping him a bit along the way. Plus it helped me get a better understanding of how Shaltari work. That actually makes 5 games played at the starter box level now. I'm really looking forward to playing a 1000pt game to get the feel of using a commander and the command deck.

I've got more painted stuff finished but it needs photos still so I'll try to get those up in the next couple days. In the mean time, my 1000pt paint goal is as follows:
4 Neptunes, 2 Zeus, 2 Odins, 2 Juno A1s, 4 Immortals, 2 Triton A2s, 4 Janis.
At present I'm over halfway on that. My extended goal is to also have 2 Ares and 2 Phobos painted as well since that will fill out a fully painted starter box.

One last note about the game last night is that I got several compliments on my paint scheme and how cool the airbrush masking looked, especially on the finished Neptunes which are fairly large. It gets me excited to paint more!

Oh and a resource link is the web-based army builder for DZC located here which was built by the local Talon. I can't say how stoked I am to have a mobile device friendly army builder for this game.

No comments: