Monday, August 10, 2015

From the Desk: Weekend Roundup #92

Late update. Very late.

My desk is a total train-wreck. I'm going to do a whirlwind roundup here. I've been really slacking on blog posts and I'll make no apology for it. Perhaps one day I'll explain why I blog, but that's another story.

Lately I've been painting stuff for Dropzone Commander a lot. I'm currently working on painting up a 1000pt force for it, which necessarily means I'm taking a bit of a break from painting Warmachine. Just temporary. I'll post some finished stuff from DZC in the next few days.

On the Warmachine front, it suddenly struck me how many tier 4 lists I've painted for Cygnar so far. In fact, the lists built so far include: Nemo1, Nemo2, Nemo3, Darius, Siege, Haley2. So why is painting to tier lists is a good option? I end up with models that I may not otherwise have added. Generally it isn't that far out of stuff I would have painted, but it does force me a ways out. My next paint target for Cygnar is going to be a pCaine tier list I think.

What else has been going on? Well I've obviously been playing a bit (3 games so far) of Dropzone Commander. I'll try to post thoughts on that in the near future.
I also played a test game of Age of Sigmar, which shockingly didn't completely suck. If anyone out there wants my modest perspective on it I'll share it. It's not amazing, but I also don't get what all the hate is about. There's some interesting differences between it and other games I've played before. Plus never having played much of previous editions of Warhammer, I was fairly untainted. I also am not burdened with a huge mountain of Warmhammer army painting time invested in the game, so I was just looking at it from a mechanical way. But again, if no one cares, I won't waste the internet bits on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to hear your thoughts on Age of Sigmar.

I've played Warhammer fantasy previously, but got out quite a few years ago. So have no dog in the race anymore, but are curious what it really is. Which is a bit hard to discern from forums as the vitriol masks everything.