Saturday, March 28, 2009

From the desk: Doomshaper day 2

Late last night (around midnight) I snapped a quick picture before heading to sleep. I made some significant progress. At least enough to get to the point where I don't feel like the paint job is going nowhere. It helped to get the flesh painted I think. I spent a decent amount of time on the base actually, roughing up the sides of the stones and carving a rune into the top rock face.

I'm going to try a much more light skin tone for Hoarluk this time around. I'd never been a fan of the albino look before, but this model has a lot of leather on him, so I needed a lighter and cooler color to balance out the overall look. So far it's working out pretty well.

Anyway, it's a new day and just 27 hours until the Schism tournament so it's time for me to get crackin and paint like I have a pair!


No comments: