Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Death Marshal #1

This is the first of the three Death Marshals. I'll wait until I've completed all three to do a complete recap of the entire painting experience For now I'll just note some specific things about this model.

For the base, I needed to create a more obvious reason for the coffin to be resting in the way that it was, so I painted up a piece of pumice to look like a rock and rested the coffin on it. Some specific small details that I also rounded out are highlighting the static grass with some pure white, and putting a bit of a shadow on the top of the coffin around where his coat hangs.



4 comments:

Jurn said...

Well done! The coffin especially looks really pro painted!

jonconcarne said...

with paintjobs like this, you're certainly not helping my resolve not to buy a Malifaux army until my Warmachine is complete. :) It doesn't help that it's one of the 3 sets of models that I really like.

J.A.M. said...

Love it! Will the Death Marshalls be your entry in the GK Painting contest? I especially like the treatment on the hat, looks very pulp comic book!

Scott said...

Actually, no, I'm saving them for KublaCon. I'll bring them to the GK contest though if you want to see them up close there. I'll be the bald-headed guy. :)