Friday, October 29, 2010

Stringers

Continuing with the stuff that I finished but hadn't gotten a chance to photograph, here are my Stingers. These little guys were, well, little. The nice thing about the lesser beasts is they are pretty quick to paint. The downside is that painting all the small spots of chitin is difficult and there's no way to use the larger wash techniques that I use on the big beasties. One reason I chose to do the Stingers before the Ravagores is it gave me a smaller test for the "fireball" part of the sculpt.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the results. The big challenge was painting the fireball so that it seemed brightest in the middle and near the front, which I think worked out relatively well. I didn't really match the color of my Shredders but I'm ok with that. The battlebox beasts got a much darker blue color which I'm no longer using (for obvious reasons). If anything, it actually helps distinguish the Stingers from the Shredders. Anyway, that's my update for today. Tomorrow I'll post up Thrullg and then I'll be caught back up.


No comments: