Sunday, October 31, 2010

Thrullg

It's always nice to get back to fully painted for one of my factions, even if that faction is minions. I really would like to get down to just 1 or 2 unfinished factions, but that's going to take me a while, especially if I stay focused on Legion and keep expanding my model count. However, I can at least say that for minions I am done for a while. Adding Thrullg was sort of an impulse buy. I've fielded him a couple times now and not been particularly impressed yet, but he definitely has a learning curve to him.

Well, anyway, here he is. The picture is terrible unfortunately. There are some subtle details of color that got washed out when I tried to clean up the picture. I'd take another set of shots, but honestly I'm so busy with work and taking care of my son that picture quality is just going to have to slide.

My whole inspiration for this paint scheme was to go for something Giger-esque. It sort of worked, but I think more greys would have helped it. It is funny though how painting the spots, at the time, seemed pretty faked. But now that I look at them a few days later, I really dig them. Anyway, one more model down. Now on to finishing up the Sorceress.



2 comments:

Jurn said...

I like him, great alternate colors.

Anonymous said...

Very cool, the green makes for a nice change from the purple studio scheme.