Sunday, June 16, 2013

From the Desk: Roundup #31, but no Archangel

No Archangel update in this weekend post, mostly cause I'll have one tomorrow for sure.

First note is progress on Lylyth3. Got the various pieces assembled, primed, and getting ready to start painting. I actually primed different parts black and white. Lylyth herself and the central bar of the sled are both primed white since they have a lot of non-metal parts. The sled itself was a no-brainer, but the elk was sort of a trade off that I decided to go with black for. It's weird to be tackling yet another huge based model and not have it feel like nearly as much of a daunting task. I'm planning to use the airbrush to lay down a metallic base coat and then go in and shade plates appropriately.

Second note here is that I've been experimenting with using a piece of primed plasticard as a secondary palette. So far I'm liking having it handy. It's easy to do quick thinning and mixing of paints. This combination of plasticard palette and mini-well ceramic palette is really suiting my needs. I'm finding myself using it more and more. Also here you can see the double-ended brush, which is also getting more and more usage for two-brush blending.

And that's really all I've got to report for the weekend, however I'm off tomorrow and plan to do a bunch of painting once I finish my home improvement project.

No comments: