Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Battle Report: Sturgis vs Kaelyssa

Another fun game with Sturgis last night.

My list: Sturgis, Stormwall, Squire, Stormblades (6+UA+3WA), Stormblade Captain, Journeyman, Gun Mage Captain Adept, Tarin. (same as the other night) And I chose the Arcane Wonder Objective.

The game: My opponent fielded Kaelyssa, 2 Banshees, Sylas, Skeryth, 2 Destor Thanes, Arcanist, 2 Mage Hunter Assassins, and Lynyssa. He chose the Bunker Objective.

We played the SR2015 Destruction scenario. I chose to go second to have the advantage of a hill near the middle of the field. Things started off rough with a Banshee destroying the my Objective at the top of turn 3 and Kaelyssa dominating the zone after feating to score 3 CPs. And then Sturgis feated, dragging in jacks and Kaelyssa toward the Cygnar front line, giving me the range I needed to overcome stealth. At that point there was some pretty serious wrecking that rolled out and by the end of it all, the Ret forces were completely tabled.

Lessons learned: Sturgis' feat can be useful, but it requires conscious thought the whole time. With only 2 models in the list that are in support roles (Journeyman and Squire), it's important for almost all my list to be doing work every round if possible. I also need to get quicker at playing this list so I don't lose on deathclock at the tournament.

Games this year: 3

No comments: