Monday, May 30, 2016

From the Desk: Weekend Roundup #124

Late/early update since Memorial Day weekend makes this weird.

So as you can see, the Sacral Vault is nearly completed. I got it all painted, assembled, and sealed. I poured the Envirotex today which will need at least a couple days to dry. This project has been a real beast and it's definitely not my best work, and admittedly I've reached a point of just wanting to be done. Getting the Envirotex poured is a good pausing point, after which I can go back and do touch ups if I feel so inclined.

So, now that this project is nearly done, I find myself in an odd position. I've completed all the models for what I would consider my active factions, and I don't have anything on deck at this point. So either I lure myself to my FLGS and buy something new or I start my Cephalyx. Although it's very tempting to go pick up the new Proteus sculpt, I'm going to behave myself for now and start sorting through the Cephalyx all-in-one box that I got and deciding how to tackle it. There's a bunch of things I need to decide, like whether to continue with the existing basing scheme I already had for my Cryx, or go with a new scheme. Part of that is dependent on how Cephalyx are categorized in Mk3 I guess. So many things to sort out when starting a new army.

No comments: