Sunday, July 08, 2007

Exemplar Seneschal

Finished my second Exemplar Seneschal tonight. As opposed to my first one which was green, I did a more traditional red color on this one. I didn't put the same level of effort into this model as the other recent stuff I've been working on. I just went for tabletop quality. The one effort I put out was the freehand work on the banners. The runes use the protectorate character set to spell out Menoth. They weren't as hard as I was expecting. I was going to leave them blank, but I found that adding them was not only a good chance to practice freehand work, but also really rounds out the model better. It's really probably the only good feature of the paint job. Overall this model is a pain in the ass because of all the parts. I painted him as all seperate pieces (all 7 of them) since, once assembled, he's just a nightmare to reach all the nooks and crannies.

No comments: