Sunday, October 27, 2013

From the Desk: Weekend Roundup #37

Stupid work trip!

I was gone for more than half the week, so progress on actual painting is meager. The Primordial Magic model got finished, but probably before its due time due to my desire to get something done this week. I also got this project done on the Miss Terious model. I did however have a significant "ah ha!" moment late this week...

Having a 3 1/2 year old son has a tendency to constrain my hobby time, however I want him to get familiar with my hobby in general. Most of it (models, paints, glues, sharp tools, etc) are not really suited for having laying around. However I realized that building terrain is a relatively safe activity to be doing around him, and more to the point, he can sometimes even help out if he focuses. So to that end I got my terrain building crate out, sorted through all the materials to keep it contained to the crate, and brought it inside for new projects. I also sketched out a bunch of relatively easy projects and started fooling around. I'm including a bunch of in-progress pictures here, but I'll add some completed project pictures as a part of the gallery as I finish each one.





No comments: