Sunday, March 18, 2007

Nasty Trolls!

I got to play this last weekend against Zugbart, who wrote up this very comprehensive battle report. I won't reiterate his report here except to note that it is pretty much spot on to what happened. Great job Zugbart!

The battle was a total blast, and Zugbart was a very gracious opponent. I do very much enjoy playing against people who don't take winning more seriously than the playing, especially since I'm a terrible tactician. The army I brought was all prime stuff since I wanted to get a little more practice in before the primetime tournament next week.

Lessons for myself from this battle:
  • Dire Troll Maulers are totally crazy badass. I'm glad I picked up a second one.
  • Getting slammed is a good way to get put back on your heels.
  • Severius is not the best choice against a Hordes army.
  • Zealots should be in every protectorate list I use.
  • Not having Rupert or Gorman really limits my flexibility.

I'm sorely behind on my painting, but in all fairness, I played and got a new painting desk. The new desk is great, but I spent a fair portion of today tearing down the old one and setting up the new one. Oh, and I went to see 300, which was freakin awesome.

No comments: