Monday, September 01, 2008

Cylena Raefyll and Nyss Hunters

Well, I cheated on my challenge. I did the final pinning this morning because the snow was still drying last night when I got too tired to keep going. So this morning consisted of an hour or so of pinning, sealing, and attaching magnets. I think the snow turned out pretty good. The bases in general follow the Brushthralls Tutorial on making cork and snow bases. However for the snow, after trying a few things, I finally settled on making a runny paste of white glue, water and baking soda, which I then slathered randomly on the bases and then sprinkle more baking soda on top. I was terrified that sealing them would ruin the effect, and that the baking soda would just come off, but so far, both fears appear unjustified.

No comments: