Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Spawning Vessel Acolyths

There's something unfortunately soul crushing about painting a whole unit most of the time. This unit was no exception. I really do like the sculpts, but for some reason these little ladies just turned into a chore instead of a pleasure. I couldn't really explain why either. Probably my own state of mind at the time.



What went well:
* Cloaks turned out ok. I did a speed-version of the cloak I did for the Shepherd and it worked out ok.
* Feathers also turned out decent. Again, a speed-version of what I did for the Shepherd. Funny how that worked out.

What could have been better:
* Metals are pretty lame. Just not my normal effort on these.
* Flesh is a little flat. They don't have a lot of flesh showing, so it made it hard to really put much pop into it without doing serious detail work, which I was not interested in doing.

Anyway, just a quick post this time. I'm on to the Forsaken and Typhon now.

No comments: