Monday, August 31, 2009

Lylyth, Shadow of Everblight

This closes out my unpainted Legion models! I'm sure it won't remain this way for long, but it's nice to reach this point. This wasn't my favorite model by any stretch, mostly because of the pose, but I managed to make the best of it. It was a fast paint job which I have to admit was a nice change of pace from Kade and all the other stuff I'd been doing recently. I stuck with my general strategy of balancing speed and quality, perhaps erring more on the side of speed this time. I have to admit, I'm not sure how often I'll actually field eLylyth, but at least she's an option and this gives me 100% painted epic Legion warlocks!

What went well:
* Placing the rock in front of her, although blocking a portion of the model, helps make a bit more sense of the pose.
* Runes on the bow worked out better than I expected.
* Speedy paint job. I managed to knock this one out pretty quick.
* Hair weave. Although not amazingly painted, I like the way that it turned out.

What could have been better:
* Positioning of the rock could have been a little better, but I'm not super picky.
* Feathers lack good shading or definition. I had primed this model in black and just had a lot of trouble working the feathers back up without losing detail.
* Armor lacks shading. I went for a faster technique. It has good definition of the details, but not very good shading of the different surface angles.


No comments: