Saturday, August 15, 2009

Thagrosh the Messiah

Well it took me much longer than expected, but epic Thagrosh is finally finished. Just when I was down to detail work I got the flu, and then shortly after that work slammed me. However, he's all finished up at this point and ready for action. I'm just sad that I missed the 750 tournament last weekend. Anyway, this will be a quick post.

What went well:
* Model is awesome. It really was quite fun to paint.
* Basing turned out ok. Despite his legs and arm not coming together into a flat plane (due to my own challenges in assembly), I managed to form a base underneath him that matched.
* Small details turned out ok, and don't cause major distractions to the overall model.

What could have been better:
* I had some problems with the primer, for the first time in ages. I think it was because I rushed too quickly to start painting. The primer may not have been completely dry. Anyway, some areas tended to rough up a bit (like his left shoulder) and caused some problems.
* Just not enough time spent. I could have done a much better job, but I really wanted to just get him done. I don't regret the situation since I'm trying to strike a balance between painting time and quality with all my Legion, however this was one that I could have easily spent more time on.

Well, now I'm down to 3 Privateer models left! The only threat to not reaching fully painted is that Malifaux is coming out very soon, and those models are majestic. However I really am enjoying Legion so I think there will be some sort of careful balance struck between the two.

No comments: