Saturday, February 22, 2014

Cherub

Continuing to roll out the backlog of finished stuff with the Cherub. This model was sort of half success and half failure for me.

What went well:
* Skin tones worked out well for him. I think he really evokes the dark energy feel I was going for.
* Using a pin to attach him to the base was certainly better than what I assume the standard method is supposed to be, which is gluing the tails of his wings to the base. Ick! This is much more stable.
* Despite a pose that is a bit confusing, I feel like I kept the focus of the model appropriate to the action it looks like he's supposed to be taking.

What could have been better:
* Not a fan of the wings. I tried. I failed. They don't look horrible, but I really don't feel like I accomplished my goal of making them seem glowing from within.
* Not a fan of the pin for flying models. It's always a challenge. I need transparent aluminum instead!
* Bow and loincloth both could have been better executed, but then again, those aren't my main focus of the model.

Ok, and done. On to more projects!

No comments: