Monday, June 18, 2007

Bases, part 2

Finished my two sample wood plank bases. They came out pretty well. The balsa wood part was really the hardest part. Once the pieces were glued to the base and dried, I just hit them with a generous coating of slightly thinned P3 brown ink.

The water base is pretty much ready for water at this point. Below is a pic of the prepared base. Before I foul it up with Envirotex though, I figured I'd better do an experiment so that I understand how to use it. I mixed up a very tiny batch of it, adding in a couple drops of blue ink, and it's sitting on my desk in a small plastic cup drying. I figure I'll give it a couple days and see how it turned out before I add it to the base.

No comments: