Sunday, July 27, 2014

From the Desk: Weekend Roundup #56

So most of this week was taken up by a cruise to Catalina, but I still got some significant progress in. Here's a quick summary.

I primed and base coated the Storm Strider, Junior, Arcanist Core, 2 Hunters, 2 Fireflies, a bunch of bases, and the terrain pieces I've been meaning to paint for a long time. I also got some start on the Storm Strider and the terrain pieces are well along the way to completion. I'm hoping to have them done tomorrow.

As a part of base coating, I realized I was nearly out of pre-mixed metal, so I mixed up an additional batch of 1:1 Andrea Gun Metal and water. It's really handy to already have pre-mixed paint for my Cygnar army painting. This particular mix is in droppers and used for the airbrush base coating. I also want to mix up more of my base armor wash, but I ran into a snafu.

Turns out my pre-mixed wash medium was going bad, so I had to wash out the dropper and make a new batch. In the process of doing that, I discovered that most of my matte medium had started to congeal. I got enough out of it to mix up a new batch was wash medium, but I did need to order a more matte medium. I took the opportunity to also order more gloss/dull coat.

Not pictured here is progress on assembling the Thunderhead. It's about one third assembled, with mostly the hard stuff done.

At this point my painting desk is pretty focused on the Storm Strider and Junior. My goal is to finish up both this week if possible.

No comments: