Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Mauler Extreme

No witty title today. This guy has taken a long time. He's not fabulous, but he's done.

Things I learned while working on him:

  • With a really large model, simpler is better. Trying to mix my own shades got me in some trouble when I didn't mix enough to finish all the areas I wanted to work on.

  • Large heavy models are hard to handle. I fully assembled this guy to avoid having join points show up as much, but this guy is a beast. Seriously, he was just awkward to hold while painting.
  • Future floor wax is great and all, but too much of it makes things shiny (duh). I went back to using just water to thin paints for this model. I used entirely P3's for paints and the P3's already have a somewhat satin finish. Lots of Future was just making it too shiny.
  • Matt medium rules.

No comments: