Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Victory... sort of...

I played against Eric last night, finally. It's been a long time since either of us played, so there was a fair amount of amateur hour going on. I totally forgot to feat and pull focus from my wracks. Eric totally forgot the extra dice from Liquid Courage when he did a run on Kreoss. In the end, we were getting short on time so he made a run on Kreoss with Borka. If he'd remembered the extra dice, he probably would have killed Kreoss. As it turned out, he came close, but Kreoss lived and then delivered a mighty beatdown on Borka. My dice did some mild betrayal at a couple key points, but overall I can't complain too much. Eric did a good job of defusing my first-strike plan. Very fun game though!

Last night's game illustrated a key point to Warmachine/Hordes: The game is complex, and if you haven't played for a while, it's easy to forget all the intricacies of the models. Timing and special features are a key to the game.

Some highlights from my side of the table:
  • Fielded Hawk for the first time and she was awesome! She whacks champs good! She's like a super Daughter of the Flame.
  • Fielded the Sunburst and it was, for the most part, innefective.
  • Fielded Grogspar, and he continues to rock.
  • Borka's feat round + Liquid Courage + Fell Caller's Inspire is just ridiculous.
  • Calvarly can be dangerous, but I spend alot of effort maneuvering to avoid them and thus negate alot of their value.

No comments: