Monday, December 03, 2007

Victory Against Skorne!

Just a quick report. Played against Lance last night. He had a Hexeris list and I had a Testament list. It was the first time I played the Testament. He was recently painted so I figured I'd give him a try. Overall he was ok, but his feat round was pretty ridiculous. In the end I had lost have my knights and a couple chior, but had taken out 4 Ferox, a Bronzeback, Paingivers, a Gator, and most of the Bonegrinders. Admittedly, Hexeris did some of that work for me with a Deathbringer that caught some other stuff. Here's the highlights:
  • Grogspar continues to be awesome. His slowburn screws up alot of plans.
  • The Testament's feat was crazy good.
  • Hallowed Avenger was very handy. I used it to get the Guardian further up the middle and block off some charge options for the Titans.
  • Seneschals are just crazy ridiculous. Nothing like getting a chain attack slam on a Bronzeback and knocking it back into a Titan Gladiator to screw up a whole mess of stuff.
  • The Guardian continues to be one of my favorite jacks.
  • The Agonizer is frustratingly good at removing options.
  • The Titan Gladiator's animus is also frustratingly good at removing options.
  • Daughters continue to be a favorite unit for me. I especially loved having a little flanking unit of Vilmon and his harem full of Daughters and Hawk.
  • Ferox are not fearless, and failing a cmd check can make or break a game. Putting terror on my knights was an amusing way to add more danger to the Ferox charging them.

Well, I'm hoping to get at least one more game in before I leave on my long vacation to Canada. In the mean time, I need to get refocused on painting again. I'm so close to fully painted!

No comments: