Sunday, March 23, 2008

Aiyana

Well, I can't say I'm entirely pleased with this model. It spen a ridiculous amount of time looking aboslutely terrible on my desk. I ended up somewhat rushing it at the end to just get done. For some reason I spent the last week pretty unmotivated about painting at all and this model unfortunately took the brunt of that frustration. It's a lovely model, and I probably would have enjoyed it at a different time.



The pink was especially challenging to work with. I'd never really worked with pink before, and using it on such a large flowing area. However I learned alot about working with it, plus I picked up another tip from the PP forums on two-brush blending that I think will help me in the future once I can get enough practice. Basically, the trick is to put a fairly good size glop of paint down first, then blend it with the second brush. The first brush shouldn't be used to do any sort of blending or placement of paint. We'll see if I can get the hang of that in the future.

No comments: