Thursday, September 04, 2008

Stalled Out

Quick note before sleep. Painting and assembly has come to a halt while I've been reading the Legends fiction. Plus I've got another book that I need to read before Monday as well, but that's another story.

I managed to get magnets attached to most of my trolls, but I ran into an interesting problem. The models that I did water bases for don't have the inset space for a magnet cause it was all carved out. I'm going to have to experiment with some other options, but I think this is solvable using lower profile large disc magnets and carve out a space of balsa wood from the bottom. However I'm leaving that for the weekend when I don't feel so rushed. Overall though, the magnets are working great. I have a removable tray from a metal toolbox that is working excellent.

No comments: