Wednesday, May 22, 2013

LL13: Impressions of Preparing

This is sort of a massive mash-up post. It's a combination of musings about going to Lock and Load, preparing for a painting competition, and just a general update of things going on at my painting desk. Rather than go into a lot of detail, I'm just going to include a lot of pictures and short notes.

A few days ago, I decided to paint something new for the Lock and Load painting competition. Not really a lot of time to get something done, but I'm making an honest effort to push for it. The assembly part went really smooth actually.
Priming on the other hand turned into a disaster. My can of Krylon primer seems to have turned bad on me. I'd had problems before, but it really got horrible. So I ended up stripping them and starting over. I lost a day, but fortunately the stripping and re-priming went smooth.
And yes, I switched back to Duplicolor primer. It's shmowza math. I'm never switching from it again.
And here you can see some progress. The new Lylyth sculpt is really quite nice. I'm not sure this will turn out to be my best work, but I'm going to make a huge effort on it prior to leaving. Hopefully I'm not doing final work on it while I'm at L&L.
I've still got a ton of stuff to do before I leave for L&L. Not the least of which is figuring out how to pack my entire Legion model collection and pack up a painting kit. Oh, and get some models assembled and primed to bring along for painting practice while I'm there. So much to do, and so little sleep to get.

No comments: