Wednesday, January 01, 2014

2013 Wrap Up and 2014 Resolutions

[Disclaimer: This post contains fluffy, introspective nonsense... Just like last year's did.]

This was another crazy year and my painting productivity was heavily impacted. I took 5 international work trips and my son turned 3 which were the two largest impacts on my ability to get much painting time in. On the plus side I also did a number of home improvement projects like install a central vacuum, paint and finish out the guest bedroom, build shelves in the garage, and completely rebuild my painting desk after the bedroom remodel. I can't really complain too much about how much I did get done.

Last year's goals:
1) Attend Lock & Load. - Success! This was pretty easy once I got approval from my wife. I had a blast at the whole thing and really enjoyed the road trip.
2) Get my Croxorz collection up to a "completed" status. - Success! Completed this pretty easily. I'm not sure if I'll keep expanding my collection at all this year, but I do enjoy having them to play occasionally.
3) Expand my airbrush skills. - Success! Sort of. I did use my airbrush a lot more this year but I'm still not doing amazing things with it. I really need a class I think to get better use out of it.

This wasn't as bad of a year as last year, but still not super productive...
Models painted last year:
Legion: 23
Malifaux: 10
Minions: 8
Protectorate: 1
Or looking at it from a different perspective:
Small based: 15
Medium based: 18
Large based: 6
Huge based: 3

I also built and painted 5 objective markers, 8 fences, and an outhouse!

Goals for next year:
1) Attend Lock & Load (again) - Yep, just like last year.
2) Enter 2 painting competitions, which will likely just be L&L and KublaCon.
3) Get 90% of my Malifaux collection painted.
4) Start painting my Cygnar horde. More about that in an upcoming post.
5) Close out my random few unpainted models from my other factions. There's just a few rogue models that I haven't completed that I should just get done. I'd consider this one my stretch goal for the year though. I don't expect to fully succeed at this.

No comments: