Friday, August 19, 2016

Battle Report: Caine2 vs Sorcha1

Caine 2... still a thing.

My list: Caine2, Ace, 2 Hunters, Junior, Hunter, Strangeways, 2 Gun Mage Captains, Mechaniks (6), Stormblades (6+UA), Bunker Objective (not relevant).

My opponent: Sorcha1, Behemoth, Decimator, Reinholdt, Koldun Lord, Drakhun, Iron Fang Kovnik, Widowmaker Marksman, Widowmakers, IFP (10+UA), Kell, Eiryss1.

Scenario: Hold The Line (mk3 book), 60 minute death clock.

Super fast synopsis cause I'm exhausted. I won the roll, chose sides to avoid Sorcha being parked behind a wall. Managed to position carefully to avoid too much alpha striking. I actually lured the dismounted Drakhun and Kell to hit the Storm Strider too, which gave it two power tokens. Then after clearing the jam of infantry, I took a run on Sorcha who was sitting on a hill. The Storm Strider with 2 power tokens and Fire For Effect, combined with 2 fully boosted Hunter shots put her in the dirt. The win is a bit of a glitch though because my opponent totally forgot that he had Fog Of War up which would have changed everything, including my whole plan for the round. Nevertheless, I'm putting this one in the win column.

Lessons learned: Caine2 is totally a thing. Maneuvering and applying pressure is also pretty important. I did a much better job this game of using premeasuring to help me out.

Games this year: 44

No comments: