Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Wong

So this model was actually just for practice. At my LGS they have a "scratch and dent" section with discounted items. Wong here was in a Mk1 box and discounted to $2, so I snagged him for painting practice. My goal was to use SketchStyle, but to use a bit more color in the process like I would when I do my traditional painting. It worked out pretty well honestly, and I feel like I'm one step closer to merging sketching into my regular methods. The trick here was to still use the wet palette and still use thin glazes, but to use more colors and control where I put the glazes more carefully. The robe for example is just two colors (light blue and purple) but I carefully controlled where I put the purple glazes. My next step will be to take this process even further and work more colors in.

No comments: