Sunday, July 03, 2011

From the Desk: New "Camera" Comparison, and more

So I recently upgraded my phone from the "CyberShot" to an iPhone 4. I was curious to compare the photo quality of the iPhone 4 to my Kodak EasyShare. Below is a side-by-side comparison, but with a couple key differences...
To be fair, the photos weren't taken in the same place. The Kodak photo (left) was taken in the lightbox. The iPhone photo (right) was taken on my painting desk without the benefit of the lightbox to properly bounce light around, nor with the assistance of a tripod. The net result is still pretty competitive though. I have to say, for the ease of management, the iPhone is taking pretty much just as good a photos. There's a brightness shift, but nothing terrible. I may start doing most of my photos this way just because it's so much easier.


In addition, I've been working on my Nephilim. Here's a shot of the 3 together. Skin, wings and major chitin are all done. Now it's on to the armor, which will probably take me a good week to finish.

No comments: