Thursday, August 02, 2012

Wrong Eye

This was a very fun model to paint. I have to say that in general the gators are fast and relatively simple to paint. However the characters are really quite characterful. Wrong Eye was fun because of all the little details and I found myself spending a lot of time on him. The stitched coat in particular was a lot of fun to paint. Again I worked in my four theme colors (red, yellow, green and purple) into various parts of the model.

In an effort to get back to my old gallery post format, I'll do a quick breakdown of the good and bad...

What worked well:
* The model is just a joy to paint. Made it easy to spend extra time on it.
* Working in the four color scheme.
* Painting blacks using blue as a base. I really like how the hat and coat turned out given the speed at which I was painting him.

What could have been better:
* The bottle just didn't turn out as nice as I would have liked. Probably just too bright.
* Poor zenithal highlighting sort of creates some weirdness in where the bright parts of the model are. I really need to be paying more attention to such things.

And there he is. Tomorrow: Snapjaw!

1 comment:

Maxus said...

I agree that the bottle is a little bright. The color of the liquid in the bottle is probably what you should have gone for. But I love that you went for the detail of showing there was liquid in the bottle.