Saturday, December 01, 2012

Shepherd #2

Second Shepherd done. Nothing fancy. Super fast retrospective...

What went well:
* Painting fast. Didn't spend more than probably 3 hours on it, and that was while also working on other stuff.
* Washes on the wraps worked out nicely for only being 3 applications of paint.
* Sometimes simple is better. Rather than spending a pile of time, I treated this second Shepherd model as obviously second string since I won't be likely to field it very often.

What could have been better:
* Spending more effort on the conversion. More bits, more resculpting, more general effort would have made this stand out better. I might still do that in the future.
* Skin and eyes are definitely sub-par for me. Not exactly happy but it's done.
* Not being lazy and doing some freehand just for kicks. I really need to get off my butt and start doing more freehand just for the practice of it.

No comments: