Thursday, April 25, 2013

From the Desk: More Archangel Assembly Progress

Life really erupted on me the last couple weeks. It also doesn't help that I picked up the first Dresden book and spent a few evenings reading instead of painting. However there is some progress to show.

So more assembly on the main body. Everything except the wings at this point, along with green stuff work on all these parts as well. Something in particular I'd like to point out is the tail. I opted to run a pin from the base, outward, and then up into the tail to help stabilize it. This also allows the tail to curve upwards a lot more and give just a hint extra sense of movement overall. I really didn't like the idea of having the tail simply resting on the ground.

I appreciate the previous comments about sending in the wings for replacement. After pondering it I have opted not to, mostly because I actually want to take on the task of the repair work myself just for the experience of it. Hopefully some of that will start this weekend.

No comments: