Monday, July 06, 2015

Rutger Shaw

Finishing a merc for me is sorta like watching a random movie trailer in the middle of watching a whole season of a show. Rutger here was more added to my paint queue due to the Moving Targets fiction that I listened to on Audible than because I'm super hot to play him. That said, it will be interesting to put him on the table with Tarin and perhaps put some ranged merc jack with him.

When I painted this model I took an approach of trying to get color on 80% of the model before doing highlights and shading. It was an interesting practice exercise for me since I'm used to doing the "finish a section" process method. After my discussion with Matt from PP, I decided this is something I need more practice at if I ever want to up my game on overall composition and quality.

No comments: