Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Tuco

So Tuco here was a pretty straightforward model to paint since he's mostly coat. The real challenge came in the form of picking out the details properly so that they created contrast and interest without standing out too much. I won't belabor this post too much with details but I do want to detail something specific I tried here on the coat. Specifically I brought the color range all the way from a bright orange (P3 Ember Orange) through reddish browns and down into deep greens and blues, specifically ending with a mix of P3 Cryx Bane Base and P3 Coal Black. I wanted to have deep shadows that accentuated his dark side. Everything else color-wise was chosen to create contrast and interest to the rest of the model and also try to tie into the overall Nephilim color scheme.

No comments: