Saturday, January 16, 2016

Battle Report: Absylonia2 vs Axis



My list: Absylonia2, Blightbringer, Carnivean, Proteus, 6x Stingers, 2x Blight Wasps, Shredder, 2x Shepherds.

My opponent: Axis (tier 4), Corollary, 2x Inverter, Galvanizer, 4x Enigma Foundry, 2x Obstructors, Reductors, 2x Clockwork Angels, Optifex Directive.

We played the SR2015 Outflank scenario. Fortunately I won initiative and obviously chose to go first. If I hadn't it would have been a disaster since Axis' army deploys so far forward. The battle was a slugfest, with me ripping huge chunks out of his army every round and him putting most of them back out for the first 3 rounds. I ended up timing out on the deathclock first but we kept playing for fun. There's no other way to describe the game than grindy. In the end I was loosing on attrition, but he just couldn't get a grip on Abby. I managed to jam in and prevent losing on scenario temporarily and be set up for an assassination run. Unfortunately on my following turn when it was time to execute, I moved a Shredder up which then allowed Axis to trigger counter-charge and charge away from Abby. DOH! At that point I conceded.

Lessons learned: So yeah, countercharge. I forget about it all the time. I really need to start remembering it. I will say that after playing Abby a second time, I really enjoyed her. This was a good match up since she had plenty of targets to trigger Conferred Rage with which really kept my army rolling hot. I do however need to get better at holding her feat back for just the right time.

Games this year: 2

No comments: