Sunday, May 01, 2016

From the Desk: Weekend Roundup #120

Sometimes my work affords some awesomeness...

This last week I was traveling for work (again), but this time to Seattle and happened to have the option to stay in downtown Bellevue. So of course I afforded myself a morning walk and went past the convention center where Lock & Load is going to be held. Pointless? Perhaps. Energizing? Definitely.

So this was a great week for hobby work, despite the work travel. I finished up Stryker3, got started on Ragman, and re-based Aiyana & Holt.

I also catalogued my remaining prepared Tau Ceti bases for Cygnar: 1 huge, 2 large, 1 medium, 9 small. It tempts me to buy more Cygnar, but certainly not until I finish my remaining models.

So after 1/3 of the year is over, I thought I might take a look at my goals for the year and where I stand with a few of them:
2) Close out DZC - Done! It felt great to wrap this one up early, even if I haven't played a lick of DZC lately.
3) Get Cygnar to 95% painted - Done! In fact it's completely painted. Aw yeah!
4) Play 52 games - 20 games so far, so I'm tracking well. My win-loss ratio is terrible, but I'm having a great time.
7) Play tighter games - Great progress. Between always using the clock and trying to be very tight about measuring, I feel great about this one as being "done".
8) Pack away old models - Trolls and Menoth got packed away. I think I'm going to have to pack away Cryx as well though given the lack of space in my display case.
9) Archive selected models - Done! That was such a wonderful cathartic exercise. I think I've got less than 10 models packed away right now as "inactive". There's a Cephalyx box that's sort of in a limbo state too, but I'll sort that out later.

Paint Target: Complete All Models
Ragman - painting
Sacral Vault - assembled

No comments: