Saturday, October 24, 2009

Quick update from the desk...

Things have been a bit hectic for me lately, and I've found myself short on time for both gaming and painting. Lots of stuff to do around the house, and a lot of immigration paperwork to deal with. However, I did enter the painting competition at the LGS and they had the awards today. They did 3 categories: Masters, Open and Youngbloods. I decided to enter Kade since he was relatively recent and I thought it was a good example of how I've put a lot of focus on color usage. The judging was done by the store staff, with guidance from Lazlo (of Hot Lead fame). To my surprise, they decided to bump me up to the masters category. To my further surprise, I got second place, winning a complete set of GW Foundation paints! The first place entry was a GW goblin shaman that was very well done. Although it wasn't a huge event, I'm certainly not going to scoff at the prize. Plus, I got a chance to meet a couple new painters and chat with them. It's always nice to make more connections and share tips and techniques with each other. Anyway, back to grinding out my weekend household tasks in an effort to carve out some time tomorrow for either playing or painting.

1 comment:

Shelexie said...

Congrats! I love the foundation paints and it sounds like they loved your mini =) Hope you get more time to play and paint.