Sunday, September 07, 2014

From the Desk: Weekend Roundup #58

Blah. Just... Blah.

To say that I've been in a painting funk for the last 2 weeks would be an understatement. More on that later for those that actually care. For now, here's sort of the state of my desk and other hobby related things for me.

The Thunderhead is still early in progress. The vast number of glowing coils has intimidated me a bit. The two Lancers however are nearly done with just insignias missing at this point. I hadn't planned on starting them at all, but there was a tournament last weekend that I was hoping to bring my new Cygnar force to and I needed a few extra points to round it out to 50. Lancers with Nemo1 seemed like a perfect fit and so I was trying to crank them out real fast. Long story short, I didn't make it to the tournament due to a back injury and hence getting these done didn't push to the top of my priority stack.

My next big push with Cygnar is probably an insane one. Pictured here are 2 units of Stormblades. I've got them, with 6 WAs, 2UAs, and a single Stormblade Captain all assembled, primed and base coated. My plan is to paint them all together at once. Like I said, probably insane, but once I do this I'll have my Nemo1 tier 4 army all done and it will give me a whole other level of accomplishment with this new Cygnar army. I purposefully did this roundup post early on Sunday instead of in the evening in the hopes that forcing myself to look at my paint queue would get me motivated tonight.

So what else has been happening hobby-wise? I received my Blighted Bather which is good, although I have no idea when I'll actually get around to painting it.

I also backed the Massive Voodoo Indigogo campaign for the Ultimate Paint Rack. I'm super stoked about this for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that it is supposed to ship before the end of this year. An added bonus is that it will come with a brush box and wet palette which will dramatically increase my portability for painting (I theorize). I've been struggling with my existing paint rack capacity already so I'll be curious to see if this solves it or just shifts it.

Beyond that, life has been challenging. I had a back injury a couple weeks ago which really laid me up hard. We also had family visit and work has generally been a different shade of stupid. On the plus side, my son (who is now 4) has been awesome. He's learning to read and engaging at a whole different level now. The joy he's been bringing to my life has really kept me above water.

No comments: