Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Battle Report: Convergence Proxy Fest

So the other night Lance and I got a game in. eFeora tier 4 list (2 full TFG units, Daughters, min Cleansers, full Choir, mechanic, Judicator, Crusader). Lance had Lucant, Axiom, double battle engines, double mechanics, angels and small based shield wall dudes.

Early on things were looking great for me. My tier bonuses gave +2 SPD for all flameguard models, and +2" deployment zone, and I was going first. I swarmed the objectives and positioned my Judicator to be ready to unleash fiery death the next round. Lance rushed forward and feared with Lucant to improve his chances of surviving. I then purged almost all of his shield wall guys, blocked out one objective entirely and got set up to control the second objective. Then the wheels started coming off the bus.

Axiom managed to get the drop on the Judicator after having a hole sprayed clear by one of the battle engines. Through some crazy rolling, he leveled the Judicator almost entirely. But the damage output didn't stop there. With only 8 points of damage left on the Judicator, the second battle engine strode up and sprayed over Axiom to finish the job. The one saving grace was that Lance's damage rolls were not discriminating and tore the Axiom a new one. After that I was able to take out the Axiom with my Crusader which was in turn taken out by a battle engine and Lucant himself. At this point though I was up on scenario 4-0. Lance then proceeded to roll up a battle engine and drop two 4D6 damage sprays on Feora: 4-6-4-5 and 6-6-4-4. The spiky damage on 2 pow 10 sprays put Feora in the dirt despite her arm 18 status.

And this, my friends, is why I'm so very done with Protectorate.

I will say that I am terribly impressed with the utility of the Convergence battle engine. I'm looking forward to seeing those on the table more. They bring a really unique style of mechanics to the game.

No comments: