Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Battle Report: eHaley vs Syntherion

Crazy eHaley double Stormwall time take 2!

My list: eHaley, 2 Stormwall, Lancer, Squire, Jakes, Journeyman, Stormcaller, Tarin. Note that 1 Stormwall was with Jakes and the other with eHaley. Just like last time.

The game: My opponent fielded: Tier 4 Syntherion, Prime Axiom, Corollary, Assimilator, Cipher, Diffuser, Galvanizer, Transfinite Emergence Projector, Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex, 2 Optifex Directives.

We played the SR2015 Outflank scenario. This was our first use of this scenario which I think went pretty well actually. My opponent won the initiative and decided to go first. The photo above is from the start of my second turn. What followed was a real donkey punch to Convergence. Stormwall 1 walked over and destroyed the battle engine, and then Haley made a lateral away and feated. The rest of the game mostly turned into me controlling the left zone. I would have won on scenario sooner if I'd played specifically for that but I dragged out the game a bit by trying to stress test Haley's survivability in a dangerous position. In the end I still won on scenario but not until after losing Haley's Stormwall and Jakes, which left an inert Stormwall hanging out. I missed a prime Time Bomb opportunity as well which would have severely nerfed Synth's feat round.

Lessons learned: Haley with Arcane Shield and full focus camp is a pretty tough nut. I'm still routinely shocked at how easily an Axiom can take out a colossal on Synth's feat round. Some quick rules I learned were that Haley's bonded jack can be allocated 4 focus, and that trample directions aren't limited by the model's facing. And finally, I need to watch more carefully for when to use the right spells with eHaley given how focus starved she is.

Games this year: 12

No comments: